giving and receiving

this morning, i received a message with a photo showing eleven ( ! ) boxes of my fave chocs.  yes, 11!!!  and they were being shipped to me!  wow, wow, wow, wowwwww!!!  i am soooo happy...  i am soooo thankful 😋🤗🙏


this is not the first time i'm being given said chocs.  the last time, if i recall right, i was sent eight boxes!

the sender had previously given me emphatic instructions that the chocs were all for me, i.e., exclusively mine.  uhm, the earlier ones he sent, i shared with others.  i think it made him cringe.

i perfectly understand.  i used to give my mom nice and pricey stuff and she'd just give them away.  frankly, i did not like it.  say what you will about her being able to do as she pleases with the stuff she receives, bottom line for me is that i spent that money because it's for my mom.  i wouldn't spend the same for someone else.

it went on for years.  she wouldn't change so i did.  i stopped giving her expensive stuff.

much as i'd like to share the chocs i would be receiving, i won't.  i would like to respect the wishes of the giver.  it's not bad.  it's even beneficial to me.

if i really want others to have such chocs, too, then i should buy them said chocs myself.  i don't think i will though  ->  too pricey for me.

yeah, it's easier to give away stuff you did not spend on.  which reminds me of something i learned from my dad:
"The true measure of giving is in the level of sacrifice."

no sacrifice in this one for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment