take care always

i was inside the car last night fixing my stuff while gassing up when i suddenly heard a thud / felt a jolt. it was a very spacious gasoline station. there were only 3 cars around and yet my parked car got hit by one of the two other cars. ' dunno whether the fact that it was close to midnight had something to do with it. the hit was very minor so i just let the culprit go just cautioning him to stay awake.

i am no stranger to this situation. nope, i haven't been bumping cars. but the second major collision i've had in my entire life was suffered by my car in a spacious, spacious parking lot where i was the only one parked. it was nighttime, i was parked beside a pole. i saw it, boarded the car, fixed my stuff, then backed up oh so quickly. boom! i hit the pole. my door was dented big-time : }

(my first collision, btw, was in college ages ago. i was hit in an intersection by a speeding jeepney. nope, i was not the one at fault.)

my car has dents and scratches here and there and i got them in what you could call 'safe' places. i am very careful on the road and in tight spots. but i have a tendency to loosen up when i know i'm in a safe place. i'm trying to rein that in. when it comes to vehicles, it's good to be always on guard.

No comments:

Post a Comment