what leave?

i am supposed to be on leave from the office today. my mama in, the one who took care of us siblings from the time i was a baby, is retiring and going back to the province. i filed a leave so i can see her off at the airport.

guess what. yesterday, someone was setting a meeting with me for today. i said i'd be on leave so please set it some other time. he replies the singaporean who's supposed to be meeting with me was flying out friday. huh?! why such short notice?! grrrr... ok, i said i'd be at the office 4 pm.

then this morning, my officemate texts me that someone we've been trying to set a meeting with for two months now is suddenly available at 11 am. huh?! i can't be there 11. how about 2 pm? i said i'd be at the office 4 yet but then that will be for some other meeting. ooops... we might have to wait another long time before the other party could squeeze us into her schedule again. hmmm... set the meeting for 2 pm and i'd just have my assistant attend in my place. ok. i ended up sort of 'joining' their meeting a bit through phone.

i remember another time i was on leave, i had to take a long call while in the shower. yikes! ' dunno whether cell phones could electrocute : }

sometimes fate just likes to play tricks on you. you go on leave and that's the time something urgent and/or explosive comes up. ugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment