wave?

i was stopped for a traffic violation yesterday. with the number coding vehicle reduction scheme, my car's supposed to be off the road 7 am to 7 pm tuesdays.

i don't understand. my boss whose ending plate number is the same as mine pretty much disregards the regulation and does not at all get caught. i so much as infringe by a few minutes and there right away is a traffic enforcer waving me off to the side. i've been caught all over and at all times: morning, noon, night; in this part of the city and that.

i was telling my officemate about it. he asked how my plate number is. maybe it's attention-grabbing.

huh?! not at all. it's the normal, regular plate.

how about the car?

it's very simple. not at all new. no accessories whatsoever.

maybe it's you?

i don't think so. you can't really see me from afar.

he says next time a traffic officer waves at me, maybe i should just wave back. he says he knows someone who did just that. the traffic officer pursued him and asked why he did not stop. he said the guy told the officer he thought he was his neighbor and was simply waving at him so he just waved back. he was let off the hook. hmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment