the heart is for loving

i usually attend the noon mass.  yesterday, however, i woke up to a mini-flood in my bedroom (ugh!  the drainage in my balcony was again blocked!) so i had to clean-up.  i therefore postponed mass to the afternoon.

i was supposed to attend the 5 pm mass but it has already started when i arrived so i decided to just wait for the 6 pm mass instead.  guess what, the 6 pm mass was celebrated by a bishop!  goody-good!!!  : )

now there are certain religious songs that i like.

one is mamamalakaya ng tao:

itong alon sa dagat
tulad ng ating buhay
kung minsan ay tahimik
kung minsa'y magalaw

another is ang panginoon ang aking pastol:

ang  panginoon ang aking pastol
pinagiginhawa akong lubos
handog Niyang himlaya'y
sariwang pastulan
ang pahingahan ko'y
payapang batisan
hatid sa kaluluwa
ay kaginhawahan
sa tumpak na landas
Siya ang patnubay

then there's sanctuary:

Lord, prepare me
to be a sanctuary
pure and holy
tried and true

also blessed be God:

blessed are you, Lord, God of all creation
thanks to your goodness this bread we offer
fruit of the earth, work of our hands
it will become the bread of life.
...

blessed are you, Lord, God of all creation
thanks to your goodness this wine we offer
fruit of the vine, work of our hands
it will become the drink of life.
blessed be God
blessed be God
blessed be God forever.
amen.

my dad, by the way, likes let there be peace on earth:

let there be peace on earth
and let it begin with me

anyway, during mass, there was one song i've long been hearing but only yesterday did a certain line particularly catch my attention.  the song is here i am lord.  there was this line:

I will break their hearts of stone
give them hearts for love alone

hmmm... i was singing along and suddenly i was thinking whatever else could a heart be for?  setting aside it's biological function, isn't it there precisely just for love?  every part has its role and the heart's role is to love.  it is not there to think, that is for the brain.  the heart wants what it wants.

last week someone was chiding me for liking someone.  i was like, is it my fault that i like him?  that's just a feeling, it just comes out.  the important thing is what i do with how i feel.  i do not act on it.  my brain is reining my heart in and that is what you should judge me for, if at all you have to judge me.  as i like to say, hindi lahat ng gustong gawin, dapat gawin; hindi lahat ng feelings, ina-aksiyunan.  i've been living by it.  super-hard at times, but i've managed to manage...

No comments:

Post a Comment