what isn't there, you couldn't find

my sister was rushing to the office and asked me to kindly pick up the tissue that fell behind the computer.

ok.

so when i went upstairs, i got down on all fours and tried to find the tissue.  well, i couldn't see anything except the floor.  i tilted the bookshelf, nothing.  i peeked through the back, nothing.  i moved the table, nothing.  i lifted the laptop, the mousepad, the wrist rest, the modem, the router, the external drive, nothing!

then i thought maybe she meant my mom's netbook.  i checked under the table, nothing.  i moved the chair, nothing.  i lifted the netbook, the calendar, the organizers, the phones, the answering machine, nothing!

where on earth did that tissue fall?!  wherever, i thought we all could live with some litter in our lives so i dropped the search.

when my sister arrived, i asked her what sort of tissue she was asking me to get, is it a small piece, a roll, what?

well, my sister dear went:  'oh, i've gotten it.  i went back with an umbrella and  pushed it out.'

me:  'whaaat???!!!  you didn't even tell me!  i was down on all fours looking for said tissue!!!'

sister:  'aw, sorry.  maybe i should have left a small piece so you would have found something.'

eh?!

No comments:

Post a Comment