tail of an elephant, head of a mouse

at a restaurant...  manager offering us a big order...

me:  'thanks, that's enough...  we'll still have ice cream after...  we'll try <ice cream 1>...  do you know if that is good?'

manager:  'it's very good, ma'am...  it's the best ice cream!'

me:  'wow, best!  so it's that good, huh?'

manager:  'have you tried <ice cream 2>, ma'am?'

me:  'yes...'

manager:  'it's even better than that!'

me:  'huh?!  <ice cream 2> is not even in my list of best ice creams at all so that's not really saying much... <ice cream 3>, that one, it's among the best ice creams for me...  <ice cream 4>, <ice cream 5>, i like trying them out...'

manager:  'ah...  maybe you're referring to the best of the best ice creams, ma'am...  <ice cream 1> is just best among the other ice creams...'

ooops...  hehe...  ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment