the customer is right

i called this cookie store...

staff:  'good afternoon...  this is <toot> from <store name> - <branch name>...'

me:  'good afternoon...  i'm going to inquire about your cookie cakes...'

staff:  'yes, ma'am...'

me:  '<blah-blah-blah>...'

was i surprised to hear what seemed like an off-topic reply...

me:  'are you talking to me?'

no response...

me:  'hello...  hello...  hello...

♩ ♪  hello, hello, hello
hello, how do you do?
i'm glad to be with you
and you, and you, and you  ♫ ♬'

(wahaha...  i am silly like that...)

still no response...

i realized that the one on the other end was already talking to someone else...

i hang up and called another branch...  the conversation went fine and we ended the call properly...

then the phone rang...

me:  'hello...'

caller:  'hello, ma'am...  this is <toot> from <branch name>...'

me:  'hello!  what happened to you?!  you left me hanging in the air just like that...  that is very rude...'

caller:  'i'm sorry, ma'am...  what was that you were asking earlier?'

me:  'i've already called <other branch>...  they've answered my query...  but next time don't do that again...  you gave your name when you answered the phone...  i could easily send an e-mail to your office and tell them what you did when i called...  good thing i'm in a good mood today so i won't do that...'

caller was profusely apologetic...

me:  'it's ok...  but make sure you don't do that to others anymore...  you might chance upon someone who will report you to your office...'

even when customers are wrong you're supposed to treat them right...  what more if they are right...

No comments:

Post a Comment