what's your name?

applying for a rewards card.  i put my maiden name in the application form.

then the assisting personnel asked for an ID.  i gave her one.

ooops, i saw her entering my married name on the computer.  she based it on my ID!

me;  'ay!  don't use <married name>!  use the one i wrote on the form.  that's my maiden name.'

legally i'm still married so my government-issued IDs and other official documents still have my married name.  this is just a rewards card though.  i think it's okay to use my maiden name.  that's still me anyway.  i could produce proof if necessary.

there's a horse with no name (hello, america.  hehe).

there are even people who do not know their real name and end up borrowing someone else's.

me, i have one too many names.

indeed a world of contrasts we have.

No comments:

Post a Comment