important

called PLDT customer service hotline (171) last night to report slowdown in my mom's internet connection...

(note:
the following figures are not precise...  unfortunately, i don't remember the exact pings from last night... i can assure you, however, that the figures stated here are correct in terms of the pings being in the 200+, 100+ then 30+ range.

me:  'ping is high...  271...'

customer:  'can you do speed test again, ma'am?'

i did...

me:  'ei, it became lower!   121!'

customer service:  'can you try again, ma'am?'

i did...

me:  'wow!  it's two digits!  35!  did you refresh?'

customer service:  'yes, ma'am...'

me:  'oh...  i've reported before that there's internet slowdown between 9:00 to 9:30 nightly...  before and after that, it's fine...  around 9:00 to 9:30, it crawls...  do i have to call for a refresh every time?'

customer service:  'yes, ma'am...'

me:  'can't you just do a refresh every 9 p.m.?'

customer service:  'it's not automatic, ma'am...'

me:  'hmmm...  so i have to call every time...  i've reported this before...  can you read to me what you logged in the ticket?'

customer service:  'ping is 35...'

me:  'huh?!  what happened to 271?!'

customer support:  'i disregarded that, ma'am, because i asked you to do another speed test...'

me:  'huh?!  you should include that because that is the reason i called...  i would not have called if ping were only 35...  i called because it was 271...  if technical support reads the ticket they might wonder why the customer is calling when ping is only 35...  include 271 and the 121...'

customer service obliged...

if you're going for brevity, make sure it's not key information you leave out.  that is misleading and would derail troubleshooting.  you don't solve problems that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment