exercise

at a party the other friday, i joined a line dance and, ugh!, not long into the music and i was already panting like crazy.  my aunts were there, older than me, and they were dancing so merrily.  me, i was dancing and breathing from the deepest recesses of my core.  yikes!  so unfit!  i suddenly remembered how a couple of exes (ouch!) have made remarks about how soft i was.  well, maybe it's because the only exercises i've had in my entire life were confined to the P.E. classes i had in school. 

i've been thinking i better take up some form of exercise soon.

my officemates are into badminton but then i don't really like something that would require me to use or bring some sort of equipment.

they say swimming is good, but then you would have to do it in a pool and the pools in the city normally have chlorine and that is something i don't like.  plus, i want something that would make me sweat.  i think in swimming you'll sweat, if at all, only if you do competition-level laps.  that would take the fun out of the activity.  not the option for me therefore.

a gym class i am discounting because i don't see myself lifting weights.  if i'm going to lift something it might as well be a baby or some stuff or furniture but not dumbbells.

there was a time i really wanted to enroll in karate.  i never got around to it.  (karate was one of my P.E. classes in college).  i'm thinking maybe now i could but then at this point i want something i could sustain till my olden days.  i can't imagine myself doing hai! and kicks when my hair is gray.

enroll in a fitness class i won't because i don't want to shell out the membership fees.  i choose my expenses, ha-ha-ha...

jogging is free but then i don't want my uhm and internal organs bouncing up and down so pass.

dancing is fun but then at this point i don't know yet whether the guy i'm going to spend the rest of my life with will be into it.  if he'll be, well and good, dancing it would be.  otherwise, another pass.  i don't see myself going out to dance with a hired DI.  i can't imagine paying someone to dance with me.  pardon my conceited self but i'm thinking guys should be the one to pay for the privilege.  i doubt anyone can afford it though -- i am priceless, ha-ha

a remaining option is walking.  i have an officemate who walks around the compound after office.  maybe i could join her.  and then once i've found my love, we two could do it together, hand in hand, till we're old and gray.  that would be sweet... : )

No comments:

Post a Comment