concert over the phone

guys singing to me over the phone is nothing new to me. all my exes have good singing voices, not really my requirement, just an unexpected bonus that came with the package.

last friday, someone i didn't believe when he said he was going to sing to me actually sang to me.  'twas a mini-concert which if mounted would see people asking for their money back, hahaha.  no, it's not the voice.  the voice was good actually.  i liked it.  it's just that he did not at all complete a single song.  he just sang bits and pieces of this and that song.

hear this though:  the moment he segued into his first song, as in, the first line of the first song, raindrops fell!!!  the timing was just unbelievable!  i was amused to the core, hahaha.  i kidded him there's a rain dance, is his a rain song?!  LOL!

all throughout, he was asking me what song i'd like him to sing.  i kept on saying it's up to him.  he'd sing something then he'd ask again.

he asked what song i liked.  i said i like i can go the distance.

what song is that?

i sing a part:

I will find my way,
I can go the distance,
I'll be there someday,
If I can be strong...


he doesn't recognize it, haha

i go, "from hercules..." and sing some more:

I don't care how far
I can go the distance
Till I find my hero's welcome
Waiting in your arms...


he said that one's difficult, he couldn't sing it.  (maybe he just found my rendition hard on the ears, hahaha)

i asked what songs he sings.

old songs.  hajji alejandro.

ok.  sing nakapagtataka.

nope, that's not something he sings.  hindi raw siya nagtataka, hahaha.

he again asks me for another song.

hmmm... you told me before you'd sing i don't wanna miss a thing, right?  go ahead.

that's too high...

me:  ano ba?!  tanong ka nang tanong pag may sinabi ako ayaw mo naman.  bahala ka na what you want to sing.

he sings sana kahit minsan:

Bakit ikaw ang nais na matanaw
Nitong mga mata
Tunay kayang nabighani ako...


i stop him saying that song's  not really for me.  he had earlier used the term 'nabighani' for someone else.

he laughs.  but later resumes:

Sana kahit minsan ay mapansin ako
Malaman mong kita’y mahal
At 'yan ang totoo
Huwag mong iisiping nagbibiro ako
Tunay ang pag-ibig na alay sa iyo
Sana kahit minsan ay mapansin ako...

hahaha... i tell him pansin na pansin ko siya actually...

from there he asks how about mahal na mahal kita also by ariel rivera?

how does it go?

he sings it.

ooops, initially i thought it was sapagka't kami ay tao lamang.  i'm not sure i've heard that song.

then he goes, you like how did you know, right?  i'll try to sing that.

he did.  and i sang along:

I remember so well
The day that you came into my life
You asked for my name
You had the most beautiful smile
My life started to change
I'd wake up each day feeling alright
With you right by my side
Makes me feel things will work out just fine
How did you know
I needed someone like you in my life
That there is an empty space in my heart
You came at the right...


suddenly the line was cut.  the complete line would have been:  You came at the right time in my life.

the rest of the song would be:


I'll never forget
How you brought the sun to shine in my life
And took all the worries and fears that I had
I guess what I'm really trying to say
It's not everyday that someone like you comes my way
No words can express how much I love you


hmmmm... talk about timing... the heavens would not let us get that far, not even in a song...

No comments:

Post a Comment