virtual vs real

my officemate was telling me that my plants have died already.  huh?!  i asked how she knew.  she said we are neighbors in farmtown.  oooops, virtual!  i didn't even know i had land in farmtown, hahaha

she said someone actually watered my plants and did this and did that for me.  wow... thank you very much  : )

actually, i get a lot of notices informing me that i've received this and that (virtual) gift from this and that friend.  i just go on clicking and accepting these gifts.  i've received all sorts:  animals, plants, bags, chocolates, hugs, kisses.   but i don't really proceed to the game.  it didn't really cross my mind that all the 'live' ones are dying of neglect already  : }

i think a lot of users are taking this virtual caretaking seriously.  last saturday, my goddaughter posted that she was TIRED (all caps so i suppose it means REALLY tired) but still managed to harvest her plants.  i asked whether she's talking about real plants or just farmtown, farmville, yoville.  she says none of the three, it's actually barn buddy.  oooops, hahaha.  two weeks ago my niece was begging me to accept her barn buddy request  ->  she said she needed a dog to guard her plot.  oh... ok, ok.

i dunno but i am not keen on going into these games where i have to take care of virtual stuff.  i prefer to take care of real, live people, hahaha.  the only virtual game i like right now is myminilife ( http://www.myminilife.com/cynthia ).  i build a house, furnish it, i don't check it out a looooong time, when i come back, everything is still as nice and as orderly and as clean as it was during my last visit.  hmmm... if only real-life houses would be like that, too...

No comments:

Post a Comment