two pairs, not one

i had a 9 o'clock meeting last friday but past 9:00 when i went to the venue, the door was locked and no attendees were in sight.  there was an announcement of work suspension actually due to the heavy rains.

i therefore took the opportunity to go to the bank.  i was supposed to go monday yet but i couldn't squeeze it into my schedule.

there was only a slight drizzle when i left our building to walk to the bank.  yup, i just walk.  i don't bring the car; i don't take the available public transportation.  the weekly walk to the bank is actually my ONLY form of exercise  : }

so there i was in the bank and it was so quick as there were more open counters than there were customers.

from the bank i went to KFC just a building away to buy the food requested by my officemates.

from there i again walked back to our office.  guess what, halfway and heavy rains suddenly poured!  the umbrella could only protect me so much and i was getting wet from foot to mid-thigh!!!

i entered our room wailing, 'waaah!  my legs are cold...'

my officemate who plays badminton offered me her sweatpants.

i declined saying i could bear it.

she says if i don't change then veins are going to appear on my legs.

really???  yikes, borrow please...

she shows me two:  a pair of full-length red pants and a mid-calf white one.  i don't really like red so i went for the white.  then my wet pants i just hang in one of the tables inside my room.  i then went out but just within our office as i looked too casual even for casual friday, haha

going back to my room i was struck by the sight of my pants hanging from one of the side tables on the left and my regular desk straight ahead.  i laughingly told my officemate if the roving guard checks out my room with me sitting at my desk, he might think i am sitting in there with no pants on.  ooops, hahaha...

No comments:

Post a Comment