follow your instinct

i was supposed to enter our street on reverse but my sister told me to wait for the car perpendicular to us, backing up to the parking slot right AFTER our street, to get settled before i make my turn.  for some reason, i had this feeling that i should move immediately but brushed it aside because i have this self-imposed policy to just keep quiet and not react to / contradict whatever this younger sister of mine says so as not to, uhm, sweat stuff, hehe...  ; )

now even after parking, the driver took a while to turn off the car's headlights and all the while i was just there waiting on hazard.  when the lights finally went off, that's when my sister gave the go signal for me to move.

i moved forward and made a turn to enter our street on reverse.  suddenly i heard a slight thud.  ugh!  a tricyle hit me!  the tricycle stopped and was looking at me but i know it was ultra-super minor and i'm sure it wasn't my fault so i didn't bother to get off my car.  the tricycle driver and i didn't anymore sweat stuff as well...  : }

talk about timing...  talk about gut feel...  had i followed my instinct...  had i not waited too long...  had i left that spot when i felt like moving, we wouldn't have had that collision.

No comments:

Post a Comment