grilled cheese

a friend and i were at a pancake place sometime back and she wanted to order a grilled cheese sandwich.

eh?!  i drove all the way there for grilled cheese?!

she said grilled cheese is good in that place.

i told her grilled cheese is good anywhere.  it's good at my parents' house.  it's good at my place.  i said if grilled cheese is not good in a restaurant then that restaurant has no business being a restaurant.

ok, ok...  she ordered something else...  ; p

fast forward to another restaurant.  so we were about to order and, as is my wont, i asked the waiter what he personally liked in their menu.

guess what, he said grilled cheese!  wahaha...

i asked for another choice.

he suggested a rice dish.

hmmm...  i didn't want to have rice snack time.

he recommended waffles.

my friend was already ordering waffles and i wanted something different.

i decided to choose myself and opted for a parfait  ->  it was not available...  : }

hmmm...  hmmm...  hmmm...  okay, okay, grilled cheese be it.

so there i was having grilled cheese and my friend went:  'is it good?'

me:  'so-so...  actually, the grilled cheese at the house is so much better...'

good thing this one was a short drive...  \m/

No comments:

Post a Comment