old songs

i went to my parents' place and heard old songs being played on the radio...

♩ ♪  let me tell you 'bout the birds and the bees
and the flowers and the trees
and the moon up above
and a thing called love  ♫ ♬

me: 'whoa! so that's how the song goes! i only know the part up to '♩ ♪  the flowers and the trees  ♫ ♬'...'

and then

♩ ♪  lonely table just for one
in a bright and crowded room  ♫ ♬

me: 'their songs are old, huh! don't they have 'delilah'?'

<song>, <song>, <song>...

nada.

okay.

i went home.

a few minutes later i went back... guess what!

♩ ♪  i saw the light on the night that i passed by her window
i saw the flickering shadows of love on her blind  ♫ ♬

me: 'hahaha... 'delilah'?! i had a boyfriend who used to sing that really well!'
(ei, the lyrics have nothing to do with us, ok...)

i hear the song and he comes to mind... those were the days...

♩ ♪  ... my friend
we thought they'd never end  ♫ ♬

;")

No comments:

Post a Comment