value

technician fixing my mom's internet connection:  'to get this speed you have to connect to the 5G not the 2.4...  but then coverage is small...  it won't reach downstairs...'


me:  'what?!  my mom's house is not a mansion.  her lot's only 200+ square meters.  her house doesn't even occupy the whole space.  are you telling me she has to go upstairs every time she wants to use 5G?  that cannot be!'

technician:  'your walls are not thick?'

me:  'they're regular walls...  concrete but not a fortress...'

technician:  'maybe it would work...'

me:  'it should...  what sort of technology is 5G if it won't even serve an area this small?'

the technician went downstairs and checked near my mom's laptop...  5G good...

he went to the farthest end of the living room...  5G good...

he went to the yard...  no more 5G...

that's ok...  the important thing is that the signal is available where my mom normally uses it...  there's not much value in having something someplace where it isn't needed.

not everything is mandatory.  some are just nice to have.

No comments:

Post a Comment