pizza

i order food daily and my experience yesterday was not the usual.


12:28 p.m., i ordered pizza through this food delivery app (not one of the two major food delivery apps).

1:07 p.m., i got a call from the rider saying he couldn't contact the sender (the restaurant) and he was asking me whether he's supposed to go up to the restaurant or restaurant personnel will be the one to bring him my order.

eh?

i replied i've ordered several times from the same app and my order just gets delivered to me.  i dunno what the arrangement is between the restaurant and the rider.

1:26 p.m.,  i got another call from the rider telling me the restaurant wants to talk to me.

ok.

the restaurant was asking me what my order was.

huh?!

i asked whether they don't see it in the app.

the restaurant said it's a courier who's there so they have to know what my order is.

hmmm...  ok...  i said it's prosciutto and pepperoni pizzas.

(i've ordered from different restaurants from the very same app before and none of the restaurants ever asked me what my order was.  i'm not the one who books the courier.  i just choose food in the app, pay and that's it.)

1:31 p.m., i received another call and the restaurant was telling me they couldn't find my order.  it doesn't show in the system.

huh?!
i replied it's fully paid.  i have confirmation.  i ordered through their app.

i also mentioned that my last order from them took 3 hours to deliver.  (i'm only 3.5 km away from the source.  i know that the delay was on the restaurant's end and not the rider's based on the status, i.e.,  pending, processing, dispatched, delivered.)

1:52 p.m., i received a system message from the restaurant's umbrella group informing me that my purchase has been successfully delivered.

huh?!
i don't have it yet!

i texted the rider.

the rider said the restaurant has just handed him my order.  he said i could call the restaurant to confirm.

i didn't bother.

2:04 p.m., i received a call from the rider.  my order's here! 😀
i rushed downstairs.
i was surprised the rider had only one box of pizza.  he, however, also had a brown bag which he says the restaurant was giving me for free.

i said they're giving me a freebie but they didn't send one of the pizzas.  the pizza is more expensive!

anyway, i told the rider i know it's not his fault so i'll just raise it to the restaurant.

i opened the box and it was the pepperoni pizza.  it's the prosciutto pizza that's missing.
the brown bag has four pieces of their sister restaurant's complimentary bread.

2:17 p.m., i texted the umbrella group's help line.

2:25 p.m., they said they'll check asap.

3:18 p.m., i followed up.

ending, they're sending the pizza.  asap or dinner, they asked.

i said just send noontime tomorrow.

may the sun come out then 🌞

No comments:

Post a Comment