SSS registration alert

i received a supposed system-generated email

from SSS Web Registration
sent from SSSWeb.notifications61030@sss.gov.ph.
it addressed me as "Ms./Mr. FRANCISCO" which is not my name.

part of the email read,
"We regret to inform you that your registration in the SSS Website was unsuccessful due to the following reason/s:

Your SS Number is already registered."

it is possible that Ms./Mr. Francisco simply committed a typographical error in trying to register my social security number instead of his/her own.

it is, however, also possible that someone actually tried to create an SSS web account using my SS number.

to be safe, i emailed SSS
at onlineserviceassistance@sss.gov.ph
(the reply address stated in the notification email)
and
member_relations@sss.gov.ph
requesting them
to look into the matter
and
not to entertain any request to register my SS number under someone else's name and/or email address.

forewarned is forearmed.

No comments:

Post a Comment