dolls


i usually stay late at the office but today i was rushing our supplier to go home, telling him, "birthday ng pamangkin kong manika."

he tries to correct me with "manika ng pamangkin."

but i reiterate it really is, "pamangkin na manika."

i explain to him that my sister has two dolls whom she considers our kin. these are trixie and noel, names derived from the names of my real, human niece and nephew.

today is the first anniversary of their arrival at my parents' house and today is the day my sister considers as their first birthday. (this sister is a regular, normal, sane person. she's so sane she actually edits publications of their office.)

last night, she was egging me to buy a gift for the dolls. i go, i'm going to bring home food for their birthday but not a gift-gift. i said i couldn't imagine myself buying stuff for the dolls themselves. at least food, it will be eaten by real persons.

i don't know what it is about these dolls that drives our normally sensible family to do seemingly crazy stuff.

my sister, who does not wash a single piece of her own clothing, takes the time and exerts the effort to wash the dolls' clothes : }

last year, my other sister bought them gifts for christmas.

then my mom and my aunt, with no special occasion whatsoever, bothered to check out clothes for them one time they went shopping. so there they were, looking at kiddie clothes, making comments that this one's somewhat big, this one loose, etc. when the vendor tells them, "it's ok... kids grow fast anyway."

they chuckle and tell her, "they're not going to grow -> they're dolls."

: }

No comments:

Post a Comment