lucky and thankful

i was on my way to my parents' house when the battery indicator on my dashboard lit up.  i steered to the right then traffic stopped so i turned my engine off.  stupid me, come go, my car wouldn't start!

i called my batchmate asking whether they had batteries (they have a store).  she said they'll come over.  i told her no need for her to join.  the last time my battery died she simply had one delivered to the office.

then i called the house for an SOS to my brother.  then i called again to cancel the SOS as a battery will be on the way anyway.

a while later my batchmate calls saying they're on their way.  i reiterated no need for her to join.  it was 8 pm, and it was raining.

(i am no stranger to dead batteries.  i don't really keep track of my battery's supposed lifespan and i go on to use them till end of life, ha-ha.  i have always been lucky, however, in that they die on me in parking lots.  so i park and when i come back, my car won't start.  i simply have a battery delivered and off i go again.)

a little later, i receive a text from my batchmate saying they are near.  thanks  : )

then my brother's car appears!  i was surprised, telling him i've cancelled the SOS.  he said he decided to proceed anyway.  how sweet  : )

not long after, another car appears.  was i again surprised when the doors open.  out comes my batchmate, her husband plus the one who delivered my battery last time.

i was sooooo touched.  a dead battery and i have 3 guys, 2 cars plus my batchmate?!  all i had in mind was the usual motorcycle-delivery!

anyway, it turns out it wasn't my battery this time but my fan belt  (what on earth do i know about fan belts???!!!).  just this morning, i heard an unusual sound in the car and i've scheduled to have it checked come saturday.  well, it wasn't able to wait  : }

the guys jumpstart my car and we all leave on convoy.

at my parents' place, the phone rings.  it was my other batchmate.  she chides me for not calling her.  she said she could have brought tanods to my rescue.  whoa!  that would have been way too much, ha-ha

i really, really feel sooo lucky and sooo thankful.  as long as  i have my family and i have my friends, then i am fine... : )

No comments:

Post a Comment