no laughing matter

i was driving home last night when i received text messages, one of which entered my inbox twice in a span of 10 minutes. and then two hours later, a third copy of the same message again entered my inbox.

i therefore texted the sender telling him i received his message thrice. i also forwarded to him another message of his which obviously was sent earlier than his other messages but i received much later.

at about the same time i was forwarding to him his messages, i received another text from him saying my texts repeatedly entered his inbox, "3 each."

i replied:

Ganun?! Bka iluvu. JOKE!
Hmmm. Actualy ung sau dn 3x pumasok ung 1 e. Bat kya?
Nwy, cge laro kna. Gluck. Gnyt


the next message i received floored me: Bwal mag i luv u.

huh?! what the...???!!! it was a joke (all caps in my text!) made simply because three is associated with i love you. the statement doesn't mean i was proposing to him, hello!  so preposterous, excuse me.  i find it embarrassingly amusing / amusingly embarrassing.

i told myself next time i'll be careful what i kid about : }

this afternoon on speaker phone, my officemates were ribbing him, "Bawal mag i love you."  (yup, i told my officemates about the embarrassing / amusing exchange.)  to make up, he called out to me and said "je t'aime."  ha-ha-ha.  i was tempted to make repartee but did not.  i learn my lessons well.  i love yous are no joke.  only say it when you mean it.

No comments:

Post a Comment