who you?

i801028aa.jpg


i801028ab.jpg



i was sorting pics (no date on valentine's. by choice. i didn't want to go out with anyone as he might think he's the special one, ha-ha), when i saw this scan of a poem i received 28 years ago:

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

To A Girl Named Cynthia

Thy Eyes

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Division Secondary Schools Press Conference
October 28, 1980

To A Girl with Sexy Eyes

Let your eyes be my mirror
I saw you standing but felt your eyes dreaming of things I know not
I felt your eyes asking of questions I never thought
I asked myself of the things I might do when you will look at me
But I found myself dumbfounded when I called and you looked away
Then I saw "me" following that glance
And I thought of dreaming dreams that never were.

Thanks for Sharing the Beauty of Your Eyes
BlackHyacinth

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

it was quickly handed to me at a multi-school gathering, the Division Secondary Schools Press Conference in October 1980.

i never got to know the writer. i was curious then, curious again now.

if there's anyone out there who knows who sent me this, i'd appreciate the info. not for anything else. it just would be nice to finally know something that has been hidden for decades.

happy valentine's day!!!

: )

No comments:

Post a Comment