i can't hear you

on the phone trying to make a reservation at a restaurant...

the one who answered kept on saying she couldn't hear me...  on my end i could hear her loud and clear...

i tried shouting...

she heard  ->  somewhat...

i muttered:  'wow...  so i really have to shout for you to hear...  what if i just call again?'

the girl on the other end quickly replied, 'okay, ma'am...'

i was taken aback:  'you heard that???  i said it in my normal voice...  my reservation, i was shouting and you couldn't hear...'

anyway, i called again right away...  someone else answered and we had a smooth phone conversation with our normal voices...

before saying goodbye, i told her about what happened in my previous call.

she went:  'really, ma'am?  thanks for the feedback...  actually, we've been having problems with our phone...'

me:  'oh...  thanks for the confirmation...  i thought she was just practicing selective hearing...'

; p

No comments:

Post a Comment