honor

clan christmas party...  children playing with the videoke...

<song 1>

<song 2>

<song 3>

...

<song n>

suddenly, 'lupang hinirang'!

huh?!

family members automatically stood up, my mom and my aunts complete with hand on the chest...

after the song, my aunt walked over to my nephews on the videoke and gave them an impromptu briefing on the solemnity of the national anthem...  you don't play it just like that...

anyway, all these years it has never occurred to me that the national anthem is in videoke songlists...  ' turns out it is and yeah, little boys looking for a song they know could come across it and press the corresponding code...  i don't know whether schools teach them that just because it is sung daily during the flag ceremony does not mean it's okay to sing it anywhere else as if it's just some ordinary song...  it is a cut above the rest and should be accorded proper respect...

No comments:

Post a Comment