choice part

at sitio verde...

me:  'this used to be estrel's...'

cousin-in-law:  'estrel's is at the next block...'

me:  'now...  but this is their original shop...  they moved to the next block just a few years ago...'

i know.  i used to frequent the place.  i love their caramel cake.

there was one at our family gathering last night.  my sister-in-law got me a slice.  (thanks, mamu.  mwuah!!!)  uhm, it was a middle part though.  i want my estrel's side or corner portion.  more caramel...  : )

i went to the table therefore.  my aunt was slicing the cake.

me:  'i'll get one from the side, auntie.  more icing, hehe...'

aunt points to the corner of the cake:  'you want that part?'

me:  'it hasn't been cut yet...  i'm okay with side...'

aunt:  'oh, let's cut it!'

me:  'the shape would become irregular if you slice the corner off...'

aunt:  'it's okay.  the whole thing will be eaten shortly anyway.'

then she gave me a corner part.

it made my day...  : )

No comments:

Post a Comment