it's not what you think

at an uncle's funeral yesterday, i told two of my nephews holding candles to stand on each side of the opening where the urn will pass through to symbolize his coming into the light.

ok.

nephew on each side.  cousin placed the urn inside the tomb.  then one of my nephews also inserted his candle inside.

me:  'ooops, don't.  all i said was stand on the sides.  the candles will remain outside.'

then i realized maybe he was just using the candle to illuminate the tomb as he arranged the garland of flowers around the urn.

i spoke too soon...  sorry...  :"}

= = = = =

cousin whose father was just laid to rest passed in front of me with a big bag filled with packed meals.  he was the one who carried the urn in the funeral procession from the church to the cemetery.

me:  'ay, huwag na kayo.'
->  oh, not you anymore.

cousin replies he has already distributed food to those outside.

huh?!  ooops...  he must have thought i was stopping him from eating!  :O

me:  'i mean don't be the one to distribute food anymore.  you're the bereaved.  just rest.  we've asked the kids to do it.'

= = = = =

saying goodbyes at the cemetery.  suddenly i smelled a candle.

me:  'do you smell candle?'

cousin:  'yes...'

i turn to a niece:  'you?'

niece:  'yes...'

cousin-in-law points to the tomb beside us:  'there are the candles.'

ooops...  hehe...  i thought it was something supernatural sensed by me alone...

No comments:

Post a Comment