now you see it, now you don't

dad:  'is there a broom outside?'

me:  'yes...  they've returned it...'

for years we've had two brooms outside, still within our property but on the unfenced side of my brother's house...  we use them to sweep the leaves scattered by the trees...

sometime last month, one of the brooms disappeared...  the following week, the second one disappeared as well...  suddenly we had no broom outside!

my dad got a new one but instead of leaving it outside, we just kept it at my parents' fenced yard then just bring it out when we sweep...

and then one of the brooms reappeared...  it was now gray on the lower part...  ahahaha...  apparently it was used to clean debris from the demolition / construction at the neighbor's...

and then the second one reappeared as well...  also gray on the lower part...

hmmm...  well, at least people are cleaning...

a couple of days later, both disappeared again...

coming out of my parents' place a couple of weeks back, i saw one of the construction workers and i asked whether they were the ones who got the brooms...

the reply was quick:  'no, ma'am...'

okay...

i went home to get something.  i was away for maybe just 15 minutes (my place is VERY near my parents' house) and on my way back to my parents', ta-daaannn!!!  the brooms have reappeared!

goody good!

a few days later, they disappeared again.

when i saw one of the construction workers sweeping, i asked whether the broom he's using is ours.

the answer of this one was also quick:  'yes, ma'am...  we'll return later...'

okay!

some people are truthful.  some are not.
may the world be swept clean of the latter...  ; p

No comments:

Post a Comment