alone, alive

i slipped yesterday and wasn't able to go to the office.  after a three-day holiday this happens, talk about timing.  anyway, it was nothing grave.  i just did not want to risk driving through edsa with pain in my feet.

my officemate calls and tells me she did some research and was telling me to make sure my feet are level with my body.

ooops... i told her i was in bed with my feet up, propped up on the window pane, and it felt good.

she said blood won't be able to circulate.  she wanted me to put my feet down.

i said it was like that earlier and there was some pain.  when i put it up, it felt better.  i did not want to follow her advice therefore.  i said i was thinking if it feels good, at least in the current situation, then it must be good for me.  i kid her it must be some doctor quack-quack site she checked.

she protests saying it is a good site.  she tells me the site further says i have to put some cold compress on the sore and then bandage the area.

i tell her:

1.  nothing's swollen
2.  i have no bandage at the house
3.  the ice in my ref is more than two years old

then i burst out laughing.

she chides me, 'you're hurt and you just keep on laughing!!!'

what can i do???  i was sooo amused thinking even the ice in my ref is expired!  hahahaha

actually, i am really thankful what happened was nothing grave.  one of the perils of living alone is that i could drop dead and no one would know, at least, not right away.  that's actually one of the reasons my friends call me nighttime.  they want to make sure i'm still alive...  : }

No comments:

Post a Comment