perfect timing

i had just parked at jollibee last night and was reaching for my bag when my phone rang.  it was, uhm, someone.  hmmm... perfect timing.  had he called just a bit earlier, i would still be driving.  had he called just a wee bit later, i would be inside the store (leaving my phone in the car).  either way, i wouldn't be able to take his call.

this is the third time this happened, i.e., his timing being surgical-precision right.

first time was a month ago.  i've just driven down from the parking area of shopwise when i suddenly felt really thirsty.  i stopped at the bend, put my hazard lights on and reached for the chocolate drinks i just bought.  well, i heard my phone ringing, picked it up and it was him.  whoa!

i told him i'm supposed to be driving and had just stopped to drink.

he said he'd just call again when i get home.

i said no need, we can talk right there while i'm sipping my drink, i'd just park my car well.

you see, to my left was a loooong line of parked vehicles with only one spot vacant, the one right across me!  all i had to do was turn left and park right there, which i did.  so we talked.

another time, my phone was engaged for hours and he called just right after it was freed up.  ( july 30, 2009 blog )

hmmm... i'm actually trying to wean this guy away from me.  i dunno whether i'm just being conceited or paranoid but i find that some of the things he says and does are things i think he should not be saying nor doing at this point.  right now, however, i have in mind the celestine prophecy.  coincidences are not just mere coincidences.  they mean something, they lead to something, they resolve something.  maybe i should not try to avoid this guy?  i wonder what it is we have to settle...

No comments:

Post a Comment