motif

i was at a cousin's birthday party yesterday, ninoy aquino's death anniversary, and, upon arrival, i was greeted with a sea of yellow.  my aunts, my uncles, my cousins, my nieces, my nephews, my mom, they were all in yellow.  the only ones who were not were my sister, my brother's daughter, me and my dad (well, he doesn't like bright colors so i don't really expect him to wear yellow)

i right away went, 'mΓΌts!!! you didn't tell me we have a motif!!!  waaaahhh!!!!'

my mom replies she thought my aunt has told me.  my aunt said she did not text me anymore thinking my mom has told me.  oh!

according to my sister, she herself was already dressed when our mom told her so she did not change anymore.  my niece probably doesn't know, too.

this is not the first time i attended a family gathering and i was not in motif.  years back, we celebrated an aunt's birthday at our house in the province.  when i arrived, was i surprised so see everyone in red!  i was wearing a pale, cream/beige top!  oooops... no one told me  : }

we have another family gathering next month and this early they've notified me that we're supposed to wear orange.  yikes,  i have peaches but no orange.  i received an orange shirt in one of our seminars a couple of months back but i've given it away.  (the shirts were given at the venue and we were told to wear them during the sessions.  now, i don't wear unwashed clothes so what i did was just layer it on top of my blouse : })  hmmm... i have no more excuse not be in motif next month.  but then i don't really want to buy anything orange as, like my dad, i also don't like bright colors.  hmmm... time again to borrow from my sisters' closets...

No comments:

Post a Comment