watch and learn

i was at my parents' yard when this scavenger tapped on the gate.  he usually asks for empty bottles.  this time he asked for food.

i went inside to get him something.  i initially picked up bread and crackers but then it occurred to me that he might prefer rice.  just then, my nephew came in and i told him to get a food pouch and put rice in it as the scavenger was asking for food.

i got a salted egg and a tomato, sliced then mixed them together then put them in another plastic pouch.

i asked my nephew to hand the pouches to the scavenger.

my nephew saw how i cleaned, prepared and packed the food.  he saw me washing the plate and the knife.  he knew all this were for the scavenger.

without preaching anything, i know i was able to teach him something really good today.

No comments:

Post a Comment