test of patience

i spent 7 hours inside my car today.  no, not on the road  ->  in a parking lot.  the only times i went out were to buy food and drinks.  i didn't want to linger around other people though so i just ate and drank in the car.


i was going to have my car emission tested, a requirement for vehicle registration.  i was there at 8:01 a.m. and given queue number 95 at the gate.  then at the counter, the guy told me to just come back at 2:00 p.m.

i may not be able to get parking again if i leave.  that has happened to me in previous years.  i had to resched because i had nowhere to park.

i therefore decided to just wait it out.  there were seats outside but i opted to stay in the car.

there i was trying all sorts of positions for a comfortable nap to no avail.  3/4 of the car was under direct sunlight.  only the part behind the front passenger seat had some shade.  suddenly i deeply appreciated my bed, my pillows, standing up, walking around, everything!

had i known i'll have that much time to while away i would have brought food and a laptop.  as it was, i had to buy food from the nearby canteen and make do with browsing on my phone.

when i went back to the counter at 2:00 o'clock, they were still servicing no. 73!

i went back to my car for more waiting.

at long last, i was called at 3:13!

i brought my car to the testing area then so very luckily chanced upon a car vacating road parking after.  i took its slot then started waiting again. 3:33 p.m., the results came out  ->  passed.

ok.

allow me now to rate customer service  ->  failed.

No comments:

Post a Comment