ace the pace

this someone and i were on the topic of amazon and somehow i mentioned this "tesla guy."  i couldn't recall his name so that's what i used to refer to him.


of course i tried to remember.  i was going, "larry ellison is oracle..."

i could envision the tesla guy's face vividly.  his name, however, was nowhere near the tip of my tongue.

i didn't want to google.
i didn't want the one i was talking to to tell me.
i wanted to see how long it will take me to retrieve the name from memory.

well, it took me 8 minutes. 🤦‍♀️
the name escaped me at 3:57 p.m.
it was already 4:05 p.m. when i finally blurted out, "elon musk!"
(there were intervening topics but in my mind i was trying to get hold of the name all throughout.)

the guy i was talking to said he too forgot but was able to remember in 15 seconds.

waaahhh!
15 seconds vs. 8 minutes?!
boy, what a scenic route i took! 🚵

life is a journey not a destination. 😉

No comments:

Post a Comment