reliability

 last night, i tried to GSave/deposit P8K+ from my GCash to my CIMB account.

no Reference Number appeared.
i did not receive confirmation SMS.
but the amount disappeared from my GCash.

two and a half months ago, something similar happened.
i was trying to load my GCash from my BPI account,
the money was deducted from BPI
but was not loaded to GCash.
BPI later refunded me.

two incidents in a span of two and a half months do not speak well of reliability, i dunno whether of the banks or of GCash which is the common denominator in both transactions.

anyway, i logged a ticket with GCash Help Center and received the following response:

"We will validate your request and the refund will be processed within 1-3 business days once your failed transaction is valid for adjustment. An SMS notification will be sent to your GCash number.
 
For the meantime, we will be tagging this ticket as close [sic]. If you did not receive the funds within the provided time frame, kindly reply to this email or send us a follow up email."

hmmm...  in my former office years back, Help Desk was not supposed to close tickets until they have been confirmed resolved or declared unsolvable.

you get insights from ticket aging.  closing a ticket when the issue is still pending would be misleading.  the dashboard would be unreliable.

not good.  twice over. 🤦‍♀️

No comments:

Post a Comment