andang isi

today is my late paternal grandmother's birth anniversary.  uhm, probably.


she has two birthdays, the one they've been celebrating and the one on her baptismal certificate.  the two dates are over a year apart.

she was born in the province in the 1890s when recordkeeping  was presumably not so rigorous.

my late dad told me that she was beautiful.  i don't think he said that only because she was his mother.  i could glean the beauty from her youth even in her old age.

he also told me that she cooked very well, especially the kakanin (native delicacies) which she sold.

she was widowed in her 50s.

she got to go out of the country for the first time in her 70s when she visited a U.S.-based daughter.

she lived in the province and i did not really get to know her well.  nevertheless, her blood flows through my veins and she will always have my affection.

remembering her with love and prayers ❤️🙏

No comments:

Post a Comment