of health and medicines

at a clinic this morning, the pediatrician gave flu shots to my friend's baby as well as to their housemates.  (my friend already got hers earlier.)  did my eyes almost pop out when my friend said i'm next.

whaaat???!!!

well, i'm with the baby rather frequently.  (i'm not just her godmother, i'm also her driver-sitter, sometimes by choice, other times by force of circumstance.)  my friend said she'll pay for the shot.

nyeh!  it's not that.  i'm afraid of needles!!!  i don't even remember the last time i had an injection.  maybe vaccinations in high school?  i actually don't take medication even if i'm feeling really unwell.  i just drink lots and lots of juices and eat get-well-food.

i've been very healthy, thank you very much.  last time i was confined in a hospital was when i was a newborn.  uhm, i don't really know whether you can call that confinement.  i was born so, of course, i had to stay in the hospital, hehe.

anyway, they were all convincing me i have to get a shot.  it's for the baby, blah-blah-blah, blah-blah-blah.  uuhhhh...  tugging at my heartstrings.  but still, it was a no.  i half-kiddingly told them i might faint and there'd be no one to drive them home.  (which reminds me, i've never experienced how it is to faint.  i guess i'm really hale.)

the pediatrician then said we should just all have an x-ray.

hmmm...  i can handle that.  i'll even pay for it myself.  ready to undress in 3, 2, 1...

No comments:

Post a Comment